For your move to be safe, it is vital to choose a quality service. This includes the transfer of your belongings, documentation management, organization, responsibility, and even the company’s punctuality.
That is why we recommend hiring trusted companies with verified references. However, if this is not possible, here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Ask what moving services the company offers
- Verify how long the company has been operating in the market
- Check reviews from previous customers
- The submitted quote should be clear and concise, and any unconsidered costs should be duly detailed. Finally, it would be best to discuss any questions or doubts you might have with your agent.
- There are worldwide associations that gather moving companies. We recommend working with companies that are members of at least three of the following associations: FIDI Global Alliance, Latin American And Caribbean International Movers Association (LACMA), Overseas Moving Network International (OMNI), International Association of Movers (IAM), Harmony, Pan-American International Movers Association (PAIMA), Euromovers or European Movers Federation (FEDEMAC).
- You should review the company’s bank details before making any payments and verify that the account belongs to a company instead of a private individual, as this conveys integrity and transparency.
Choosing your relocation provider is not that difficult. Follow these tips to find the ideal company to move your dreams.