There are several types of international relocations, but today we will focus on door-to-door moves. This option comprises a more convenient service, with only one contact person during the entire process.
In general terms, moving companies worldwide agree on the elements to be included in a door-to-door quote as international moving services are standardized worldwide.
Therefore, the door-to-door service must include:
• A pre move survey at customer’s residence to examine the shipment needs and requirements (either virtual or in-person)
• Complete packing of all personal items (with materials and a team of specialized staff)
• Required local transportation from client’s home to the port of origin (i.e., in-country transportation)
• Export customs clearance (with personal documentation that the client should have submitted upon request)
• International air, sea or land freight
• Import customs clearance (with personal documentation that the client should have submitted upon request)
• Direct delivery of the international container to the client’s new home (if there are proper access conditions to the building)
• Furniture unpacking
• Unpacking and placement of items at the new location (for example, our staff will assemble the living room set in the living room, each bed in its corresponding room, etc.)
• Removal of left-over unpacking material (on the same day of the delivery)
• Return of the empty container to the port
An international relocation is a complex process involving many factors, that is why it is essential to provide a professional, reliable and personal service so that the client always feels accompanied.